Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm Better Now

So, yesterday I ranted a little (ok a lot) about things around here. I was hormonal and needed a pat on the back. Two certain someones (finally) got the message. Sometimes huffing and puffing and being a pain in the butt will get you what you want. Sometimes. I don' recommend it often, and I don't usually do it, I'm usually much more straightforward, but yesterday? Yesterday I wanted (ok, needed) them to acknowledge it ON.THEIR.OWN. So I was quiet. Well, kinda. And guess what? The dish? It got washed, and not by me. The clothes? They got put in the hamper, and not by me. The toys? They got picked up, and not by me. The breathing? Well, they are both still breathing the morning. I went to bed. I NEEDED a good night's rest. And this morning? I feel MUCH MUCH better.

So ya'll got to see me at my worst. Or me being honest. Either one. Sometimes (and just sometimes) being a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom SUCKS. Plain and simple. And sometimes, I just need a pat on the back. Ok, maybe all the time would be nice, but I'm not expecting miracles here people.

But today is a new day. And so far, no ones breathing is annoying me. No dishes are unwashed and no toys are on the floor. Of course, W is at work and A is asleep, so there is still plenty of room for this day to go downhill, but I'm better today. Sometimes, a little sleep is a good thing. Most days I can go, go, go. But after taking the kids to Alabama Advenenture with my sis on Monday, I was worn out yesterday. And I had to work. And the house was a disaster. And I felt like I had NO help at all. None. Zero. Nada. So, I had to rant. I had to pitch a hissy fit. Because sometimes Momma needs a break!

Thanks for listening. And not judging.

No comments:

Post a Comment