Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Can I Have a Moment?





To discuss the fact that after this Friday, Friday Night Lights will be gone? FOR EVER? That after this Friday, I will no longer spend my Friday evenings with the good-looking specimen of a man known as Eric Taylor? (Or, in reality, Kyle Chandler?)

Really? How could you let this happen America? How is that a country can embrace the Kardashians or Snooky or Paris Hilton but you can't get on the bandwagon of one of the greatest television shows ever?

I love football. I especially love high school and college football. I'm not really a fan of the NFL because I feel like once you get paid megamillions to do something, you no longer play with the same heart and passion you played with before. And here, here was an honest show set in a football-crazy town (and yeah, I live in one of those) centered around the star players and the super hot coach. It was classic TV people. Yet somehow the people of this country never embraced it. The fact that it survived 5 seasons is almost a miracle.

So on Friday night at 7:00, I will hold my own little memorial service for this amazing little show. Or maybe I'm not the only one?



source, source, source, source

No comments:

Post a Comment