Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Sunshine




You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know dear how much I love you, so please don't take your sunshine away!

Meet my sunshine. This is A. She is playful, tomboyish, sassy, serious, artsy, adventurous, beautiful~inside and out, my heartbeat, my reason for breathing, smart, amazing, silly, a dress-hater, a t-shirt and jean short wearer, softball player, part little girl~part big kid. 100% amazing.

A is a good mix of her dad and I. I like to think she is the best of both of us. She's serious but silly. She's a thinker, always has been. She was the best baby. She is the best big kid.

I used to sing the "sunshine song" to her every night as I gave her her bedtime bottle. It was OUR time. I still get to sing it occasionally as somehow bedtime as turned into her and her Daddy's time now. Which is ok. I'm here with her all day (I'm blessed), he's not, so if bedtime now belongs to him, then I can accept that. Though I do love the nights he is away (for whatever reason) and I get bedtime. And on those nights, she always requests the "sunshine song".

She is the sunshine of my life. She is the best thing ever, and I thank God for her every.single.day.

No comments:

Post a Comment