Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crayons and Pencils and Rulers...Oh My!

I'm linking up this post with Tickle Me Tuesdays over at Yes Teacher!

Since A will be starting the Third Grade in less than one month, school supplies are tickling my fancy this week.

I love school supplies. Always have. I remember how excited I was as a little girl when my mom would take me shopping for new pencils, crayons, construction paper, and a ruler. It didn't change when I got older and crayons and construction paper were no longer on the list. Why? Well because then I got a Trapper Keeper, and I thought I was the coolest kid.on.the.planet.

And now I get to take my very own munchkin shopping for school supplies! I was positively giddy when I went to Wal-Mart last week and saw them beginning to put school supplies out.

But please, don't get me wrong. I am not ready for summer to be over. I am not ready for A to actually NEED these supplies, just to buy them!

So, what's tickling your fancy this week? Let me know and then link up with Yes Teacher!


source, source, source

5 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to school supplies too! But shopping for them is definitely bittersweet - it means my summer is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love new crayons...I loved em as a kid and still love em!!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 school supplies too! and even just seeing them makes me giddy for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too! I don't have kids in school anymore but I still buy pens and notebooks and other supplies this time of year cause they're on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to LOVE school shopping too! I still love shopping for office supplies. I remember always wanting to get the glitter pencils. Ha. Those were my fav. I can't wait til I can take my kiddos school supply shopping like you! I can already feel the excitement.
    Thanks for stopping by yesterday!
    Stop by often.
    ♥Jazmin

    ReplyDelete