Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Best Part of Waking Up.....

.....is not Folgers in your cup (or in my case 8 O'clock Coffee, as it was what was on sale).

It is that last 10 minutes after I hit snooze on the alarm clock. Before the husband gets up to go to work. Before I get up to start my day. It is that last 10 minutes when he rolls over, wraps one arm around me, and all is right with the world. I feel safe, secure, loved. I'm ready to tackle the real world after those 10 minutes.

And then the snooze starts its annoying sound again, and the real world slaps me in the face. There is laundry to be done, dishes that must be washed (and not because I didn't wash them last night...no...), doctor's reports to transcribe, or a dog and fish that must be fed. The real world wakes you up fast.

But, if at any time during my crazy day, the real world gets to be too much, I simply remember those last 10 minutes this morning. Then I can go back to the happy place where life is simple. I am loved, I am secure, and I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment