Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Here to "Pump You Up"



Remember these guys? Hans and Franz? From Saturday Night Live? For some reason, I have them stuck in my head. Well, the reason is because I've started a new workout called Body Pump, and now all I can hear is Hans and Franz telling me they want to "pump me up". Not that I'm doing much "pumping up" right now. Right now? I'm just managing to not d-i-e while doing it. I'm managing to not fall out while doing one million squats.

Exercise? Yeah. It ain't fun. And it ain't pretty. Or it least it isn't when I do it. Which is why I prefer the comfort of my own home as opposed to embarrasing the mess out of myself at a gym. Maybe one day I'll work out in a gym. You know, one day when I'm not 30 pounds overweight.

So, here I go. Ready to get "pumped up". Which now brings up a stupid high-school football cheer in my head. Well, maybe between Hans and Franz and my inner cheerleader, I'll actually be able to do this.

Time to tell those 30 extra pounds where to go. And it ain't my hips.


1 comment:

  1. stick with it! i totally need to loose some around the middle...or just give in and where maternity clothes as an excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete