Monday, June 27, 2011

Family Time



This weekend, my little family and I had some much needed family time. Much needed. It was nice to get away from it all and just be us.

It was so nice to not have a schedule. To not have to be anywhere at anytime. We did whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. We had pizza for breakfast. We had steaks for lunch. We just were. Together.

I saw my husband relax. I saw my daughter smile. I heard all of us laugh hysterically.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy it made me for us to just be together. We left everything behind and just hung out. Just us. We thought about letting A take a friend, but in the end decided that this time it would just be us. We're going back to the lake this weekend and she can take a friend, but this time, this time? It was just us. And it was just perfect.

What about ya'll? How do you unplug and reconnect?


No comments:

Post a Comment