Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tickle Me Tuesday

YesTeacherCrafts

So I'm linking up to Tickle Me Tuesday with what is tickling my fancy this week.

So what is tickling my fancy?

This week it is vintage aprons. I want to find a place and a way to display them in my kitchen, maybe something like this?

Except my kitchen is not all white, nor is it this vintage. But somehow, someway, I'm going to display some. Right after I find some that I like.

It is also my new Avon Cape Code glassware, which I inherited from my sweet, sweet Mema.

Isn't this stuff just beautiful? I have the whole set. Now, to find a place where it will be safe in my home. Older homes seem to not have even floors, if you know what I mean, so I need to make sure that the glassware, and the beautiful curio cabinet that it goes in, are on safe ground. Trust me, this is an "easier said than done" task in this old house. Where is Bob Villa when you need him?


What about ya'll? What is Tickling Your Fancy this week?

8 comments:

  1. vintage aprons are ahhh-mazing! i recently bought a pattern from the 50's to make some with vintage fabric. if only i new how to sew! LOL! i have a machine now to teach myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vintage aprons are adorable!! They would inspire me to cook more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i see you live in Alabama. my husband was at redstone last year for a time. my boys and i flew out to visit. can i just say everyone in alabama is sooo NICE! we loved it there. can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly--I so wish I could sew as well! Definately one of my biggest regrets. I guess it is not too late to learn though right? And yes, though I am further south than Redstone. And we (or at least I) try to be nice! Glad you found your visit enjoyable!

    Sarah--hmmm...mabye. I'm sure the hubs would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those aprons are great...I have a fun collection of aprons and two are actually vintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I do appreciate hearing from you.

    I have aprons that my grandmother made that I use but don't display. I hadn't thought about it but that's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete