Monday, June 13, 2011

VBS!








I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; You're works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139:14



This week is Pandamania VBS at my church. Pandamania. Where God is wild about YOU. We are learning about how God made each of us unique. How he knows everything about us, down to the number of hairs on our heads. Even the little boy in my group who said "what about me? I don't have much hair!". See, he's got an adorable little crew cut going on. But yes, even you L, God knows exactly how many hairs you have on your head. And he knows everything about you! Isn't that great? Isn't that AWESOME? The premise behind Pandamania is Psalms 139.

I have an amazing group of soon-to-be first graders and an even more amazing youth helper. Thank God for her. I'm not sure I could wrangle all those kiddies without her! It is amazing to see God work through us (the crew leaders, drama teachers, craft workers, and snack leaders) to be a shining light to so many amazing children. I preay that they are learning something new about God, something that they can take with them.

I love Vacation Bible School. LOVE IT. Loved it when I was a child, love it as an adult. It has been (and still is) one fo the highlights of summer for me. And I love hearing all about A's day on the drive home. We do the same things, just not together, so I can ask her all the right "open-ended" questions. It is amazing though to see what she takes away from it. I love a child's perspective. I also love hearing the perspectives of my group. They are some precious babies!


So, tomorrow is another day at VBS with Pandamania! Another day of hearing how God knows each of us. Another AWESOME day of praise with some of the greatest kids on the planet!

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; your perceive my thoughts from afar. Psalms 139:1-2


**photo courtesy of Group.





No comments:

Post a Comment